Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trust and lies

okay, okay
so I've written about how I feel about lying.
I've quoted Mr. Thompson's banner/question presented to my class (way way way back in the 80's). Then and now um m m m dealing with this issue with . . . other individual effecting values and it is driving me CRAZY~!!!

Okay so . . . a lie is a lie ~ RIGHT?

I've been convicted with this from reading TRUTH. ABSOLUTE TRUTH from His word.
That same conviction of dealing with it through teaching my girls; contrary to what they are being told and shown from their peers and adults! ;-{

There are the lies that are just right out there and BOLD :-/
Then there is the "little white lies" - a little more patchable but accepted as palatable :-(
Or the one that is the embellished falsehood - LIE, the more "colorful" to add flavor to a story ~ ugghhhh. :-0 !!! All are webs of deception that is not worth any cost!
But the one that really grates me is the lie of omission! 'You know the one that thinks; then says in the heart, 'I'll tell you only a part of whatever, so that I still get what I want because "no one will ever know." ' Ahhhh . . . . how about the reflection of Ananias & Sapphira am I hearing correctly - HELLO!!!! But GOD KNOWS all the time! When the TRUTH comes out one needs to really ask ~ "was it worth all the hard ache? deception? separation? and now the DISTRUST?!!!" that will be very hard to reestablish if possible.

It says "Telling lies about others is as harmful as hitting them with an ax, wounding them with a sword, or shooting them with a sharp arrow. Putting confidence in an unreliable person is like chewing with a toothache or walking on a broken foot." Proverbs 25:18-19 (NLT)

How does one remedy all of this? By reading the truth. John tells us that "If you abide in my word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free!" 8:31b-32 Isn't it worth that? To be SET FREE? Who likes being in bondage? I sure don't. Steer clear from those who are unreliable so that your not dealing with the effects similar to a tooth ache or a broken foot. So if there is an issue in any of these areas of lying . . . start reading and then REALLY ~ LIVING!

No comments: