Thursday, May 19, 2011

From his penned hand

The Equipper - May 15 article:

" "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry." II Timothy 1:12

On Thursday, May 12, I celebrated 20 years of full-time Christian service. Like Paul, I do thank Christ Jesus my Lord. I praise Him today, giving Him all the Glory! Without His grace, strength and patience, it would have never happened - at least as long as it has. God has shown His grace by calling a shy, 17 year - old junior from Wyoming to proclaim His good news. I have to say, it's been quite a ride. I never even imagined what God was going to do in my life. he has truly done more than i could think or imagine. I remember packing up a Ryder truck and traveling from Norfolk, NC to Lansing, KS. My younger brother John dropped me off in Kansas and he headed south to Arkansas - to begin his first ministry. Ana would join me a week later and the adventure began. We were in Lansing, KS for nearly 8 years . . . .. I share this story in hopes that you'll celebrate with me. Also, to let you know that You've been a major part of . . . my ministry. I'm proud to be your pastor and I'm looking forward to many fruitful years to come. Thank-you for your prayers, encouragement, support, generosity and love you've shown to my family and me. I am thankful to Jesus for putting me into the ministry and bringing me to RCC. - - - Blessings, Pastor Kent" "

No comments: